It was a pleasure to talk to Katelynn Shea and Stephanie Kozlowski of Dynamy Internship Year. Dynamy is an outstanding Gap Year Program located in Worcester, MA. Katelynn is their Director of Admissions, and Stephanie is the Business Manager and Onsite Coordinator for USA Gap Year Fairs.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- What is a Gap Year?
- The benefits of taking a Gap Year for kids with ADHD
- How Dynamy develops executive function skills
- Navigating the area between structure and independence
- The value of natural consequences
- The value of participating in an internship (perhaps one in blacksmithing?)
- How Gap Years help kids who are college bound, but not college ready
- Why colleges like kids who take Gap Years
- How Gap Years help students make better career choices
- Finding a good Gap Program with Gap Matcher
- The USA Gap Year Fairs
Links and Such:
Learn more about USA Gap Year Fairs here:
Learn more about Dynamy here:
Take the Gap Matcher Quiz here:
Contact Katelynn Shea at [email protected]
Contact Katelynn Kozlowski at [email protected]
And, as always, you can learn more about ADHD Essentials at:
Contact me at [email protected].