I’m pretty jazzed about this episode. One of my goals at the start of this podcast was to get Dav Pilkey, the creator of Captain Underpants on the show. Well, Mission Accomplished! Today’s the day that episode drops.
Dav only had about 15 minutes to talk and was gracious enough to include my sons. That’s right, not only is Dav on the show, but I got to share the mic with my boys for this one! We recorded last week, and by coincidence, they were home from school due to teacher training. Which is awesome because they’re the reason I pursued getting him on in the first place.
I am grateful to Dav and his team for helping to make this episode happen. It will always have a special place for me.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Dav’s childhood with ADHD & dyslexia
- Dav’s struggles in school
- How Dav’s parents responded to him having ADHD
- How comics influenced Dav growing up
- The Secret Origin of Captain Underpants
- The Secret Origin of DogMan
- ADHD & Creativity
- Seeing ADHD as a gift & a different way of thinking
- Learn more about Dav at www.scholastic.com/pilkeypower.
- Get Dav’s new book, Dogman: Lord of the Fleas athttps://www.scholastic.com/kids/book/lord-of-the-fleas-by-dav-pilkey/
ADHD Essentials Links:
- Learn about & Register for The ADHD Essentials Online Parent Coaching Groups
- ADHD Essentials Homepage
- Contact Brendan at [email protected]
- Join Our Facebook Community
TODAY’S AWESOME: Meeting Dave Pilkey
My family and I attending Dav Pilkey’s book signing for Captian Underpants and Dogman at the Eric Carle Museum.
If your child has not read these books, I highly recommend!